Do you often get confused between the myriad of different digital marketing options? How do you figure out what will work best for your business or practice? How do you navigate between the advantages and disadvantages of the different channels and strategies?
In this series we will be covering each of the following and more to help you work out what is best for you:
- Google Ads, Bing Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Local Search Engine Optimisation
- Press Releases
- Social Media Management
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing – YouTube, Facebook
Some of these overlap and it could get really confusing.
The first thing you need to decide to get clarity on a strategy, is the following:
- Who is my ideal client or customer? What do they look like? What are their pain points, or what makes them excited?
- What makes my service/products different? Why would anyone buy from me?
- Where do my ideal clients/customers hang out online?
- Where am I likely to find them?
- Do they search for my type of services, and if so what are they likely to Google?
- How much can I afford to pay for a new client/customer, and what is the initial and life time value of a new client/customer?
- Do I sell to businesses (B2B) or consumers (B2C)?
These questions are important to answer, and the answers could also lead to other questions. Once answered accurately, these answers can help you formulate the right strategy to execute for your online marketing.
For example, if I conclude that ideal clients/customers are unlikely to search for my services on search engines like Google, then I should not spend money on Google Ads.
(That said, you may have an entry level product or service that is searched for, and some of these clients could then upgrade to premium services or products)
Please let me know if there is anything specific you would like us to cover in this series.